• If you are having problems logging in please use the Contact Us in the lower right hand corner of the forum page for assistance.

How to use these Boards...

Help Support Ranchers.net:

M Gravlee

Reaction score
Viewing If you are registered and logged in, the Boards with new posts since your last visit have a yellow folder by them. Once you go to that Board all new unread messages have a yellow folder by them also. You can go to the first unread post in that topic by clicking on the little yellow sheet of paper in the Topic column. You can go to the last post in a topic by clicking on the little piece of paper to the right of the posters name. You can go to the first post in a topic by clicking on the subject of the topic. Each post in the topic has a little piece of paper by the date posted. If it's yellow you haven't read it. You can also click on "View posts since last visit" located in the upper right of the Forum Index page to see a list of all new messages.

Posting To post a new topic just click on the "new topic" tab. To post a reply to a specific message, just click on the "quote" button in the message to which you are replying and type in your reply. If you are replying to the topic in general and not a specific post just click on the "post reply" tab at the top of the messages. No Advertising Allowed! Use our free classified ads for your ads. http://ranchers.net/classifieds.htm

Search Use the "Search" tab at the top of the page to find the topic you are interested in reading more about.

Register! The boards are much more useful if you are registered and logged in. Just click the "Register" tab at the top of the page. Quick, free, easy. Check the "Log me on automatically each visit:" box and you will not have to relogin every visit.

PM (Private Message) To send a PM just click the PM button in a post. When you send a message it stays in your Outbox until the person reads it, then it automatically goes to your Sent box. That way you can tell when it is read. You only have a limited amount of space in your Inbox and Outbox so you need to delete old messages on a regular basis. Access everything by clicking on the Inbox tab at the top of the page.

Posting an image is not complicated. The picture already has to be posted somewhere on the Internet. You can get a free account at http://photobucket.com/ and upload pictures from your digital camera or scanner. Just find the image on the Internet you want to post, right click on it and left click on Properties. Copy the location Address (URL) shown for the image. Then click the yellow Img button above your message, paste the URL of the picture you copied and then click the Img button again. And you have your picture.

Automatic Login
1. Make sure you have the 'Log me on automatically each visit:' box checked in the login window.
2. Make sure that you have not set your computer to not remember passwords. And when you login and the computer asks "Do you want the Password Manager to remember this logon" answer "Yes".
3. Make sure you have not changed your browser's default setting and disabled cookies. A cookie is required for auto login.
4. If you login on a different computer (like your wife's or the one at work) without logging out on the first one the cookies get scrambled and don't work right.
5. The program automatically logs you out after 60 minuites of no activity to reduce server load and number of connections. This should be no problem if you have the auto login box checked.

FAQ Use the "FAQ" (Frequently Asked Questions) tab at the top of the page to learn more about the Boards. It will answer most of your questions.

This is going to take some getting used to Macon. I hope you don't lose a lot of people by going to this format. :roll:

This is a nice set-up for hi-speed internet probably. With my dial-up, I log on at 1600 to 2800 at best. I don't have that much time to spend waiting for the different things to come up. Hope that you will consider us in the back country and try to speed your site up. This is my home page but I can't spend a half a day waiting for SH's comments.

M. Gravlee,

I signed up as Hanta Yo several days ago, never got e-mail back to be activated, etc., etc. I post replies, they won't go as "someone else" has Hanta Yo. Who in the heck else has Hanta Yo? If there is someone else, I would really like to send you a personal and get this straightened out without the whole world knowing, but this stupid green page won't let me do it! PLEASE HELP!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

Besides, you should be here listening to the noisy bawling as we just weaned our young cows off their calves. I would be a happy camper if everything was working ok, I could stay up all night babysitting the calves and have something else to do on the computer! This is so darn frustrating............................. :evil:

EJ said:
This new fangled bull session sucks.

EJ
All right M Gravlee. My humble apologies. This is getting easier, kinda like BMR said about a new colt under saddle the first few times. Heck maybe I`ll be comfortable with it real soon. My wife wouldn`t be disappointed If I cleaned up some things around the yard instead of looking on here all the time.

Again I apologize.
EJ

Macon,

As I get used to this new format it's getting easier and better. I think I just went through all of last nights posts 3 or 4 times faster than I could of on the old board. Guess an old dog can learn new tricks.

Some of our former posters are having no luck getting on this new forum. I got this email from Cal this morning and it explains why we haven't seen anything from them. I wonder how many others are having the same trouble? :(

Here's what Cal had to say:
"You might drop into the new version of Ranchers.net and say Howdy from katrina, Juan, JB, certq, Randy C, and myself and whoever else is stuck here in lala land and the old website. Steve-from the Political Page (who e-mailed me), and katrina, who checked from a different server, said all is different now, but all we get is the old site with just us people from Golden West."

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 9:54 am Post subject: Reply with quote
ok. now i am really confused, i did not post a url and the damn text went off the page again? so, basically, all i am doing is typing in this box and the format is running. so i will next time write in an email and then copy and paste from the email and see if that helps. this bothers me as well, but don't now how to correct it..................

Econ101
Rancher
Rancher

PostPosted: Thu Mar 02, 2006 10:13 am Post subject: Reply with quote Edit/Delete this post Delete this post
Flounder, I have had the same problem. It has to do with the margins on the site or something. Maybe the site operators can fix these problems with a little programming so we can argue the real points instead of messing with these type of issues. I am going to post this question.

Latest posts