Ranchers.net Bull Session

Brass stirrups

Stories and questions about our best friends.
LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Brass stirrups

Postby LazyWP » Sun Oct 30, 2011 11:11 am

I am looking for a set of solid brass stirrups. I found a set a couple years ago, but by the time I got them ordered, they were sold out. If any of you knows where I can come up with a set, I sure would appreciate the info.

aspen

Postby aspen » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:50 pm

Try Bork Saddlery Hardware: http://borksaddleryhardware.com/misc.html You will need to phone them as Herb and Nadine don't have e-mail. Boise Foundry is also a possiblity, but their website is down right now. Their phone number is 1-800-495-1220.

VB RANCH

Postby VB RANCH » Sun Oct 30, 2011 1:58 pm

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Sun Oct 30, 2011 2:03 pm

Kings Saddlery, Sheridan, Wy.
They have everything for the working cowboy and it's
darn sure quality stuff.

Good Luck!
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

OldDog/NewTricks
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Brass stirrups

Postby OldDog/NewTricks » Tue Nov 22, 2011 12:43 pm

LazyWP wrote:I am looking for a set of solid brass stirrups. I found a set a couple years ago, but by the time I got them ordered, they were sold out. If any of you knows where I can come up with a set, I sure would appreciate the info.

I guess I'm Old School!
Am I'm missing something - WHY :???:

I have a set of Peruvian Brass Stirrups that a Friend who exported/imported Peruvian Pesos Breeding Stock (smuggled them) out of Peru by boat in the 50's and sold them to a Breeder on the Sky Line Blv. in San Jose, Calif.

The story he told me was - they were inclosed so one could put Candles in them to protect the candle from "Wind"
Joe said they worked well at Sea - Less likely to be seen at sea.

Joe had some Great Stories
His Parents were dead - he was raised by his Uncle, a Smuggler, the Peruvian Military Caught them and killed the horses and everyone but him (He was 14) - he became Captain @ 14...

Link:
#87 on
http://www.thomasdelmar.com/Catalogues/ ... page3.html

Better Photo:
http://www.sportingcollection.com/stirr ... up071.html
In Gods We Trust!

I Believe in GOD
The “ONLY” Prayer I Make...
“Thy WILL BE DONE”
“Hope I can Learn N ACCEPT”

LazyWP
Rancher
Rancher

Postby LazyWP » Thu Nov 24, 2011 7:42 am

No particular reason for wanting a set other then I do. What I really want is a set of cast engraved ones. I got Lisa a pair of engraved aluminum stirrups years ago. She likes them, and I saw a pair of engraved brass ones a few years later, and have wanted them every since.

Return to “Horses & Dogs”