Ranchers.net Bull Session

Never-seize

Things that come up in the daily operation of a ranch.
TimH
Rancher
Rancher

Never-seize

Postby TimH » Sat Jun 25, 2005 4:49 pm

Here is a little distraction from all of the latest BSE-BS.

Maybe some folks already know this...maybe some don't!! When you replace a bearing or do other repairs on your equipment, it is a good idea to coat all the parts with Never-seize or a similar product. It will make your life a whole lot easier next time you have to take it apart.
Permatex and Bostich make good anti-seize compounds. I imagine there are others. There used to be a product on the market called "copper-coat" but I haven't seen it around for a while.It was excellent.
Saves a lot of time,frustration and bleeding knuckles!!!! :lol:

frenchie

Re: Never-seize

Postby frenchie » Sun Jun 26, 2005 1:09 am

TimH wrote:Here is a little distraction from all of the latest BSE-BS.

Maybe some folks already know this...maybe some don't!! When you replace a bearing or do other repairs on your equipment, it is a good idea to coat all the parts with Never-seize or a similar product. It will make your life a whole lot easier next time you have to take it apart.
Permatex and Bostich make good anti-seize compounds. I imagine there are others. There used to be a product on the market called "copper-coat" but I haven't seen it around for a while.It was excellent.

Agreed it is good stuff

DOC HARRIS

Re: Never-seize

Postby DOC HARRIS » Sun Jun 26, 2005 11:04 am

TimH wrote:Here is a little distraction from all of the latest BSE-BS.

TIM - your "bleeding knuckles" comment sounds like "The Voice of Experience". And the 'scars' sort of stay as a reminder!

Maple Leaf Angus
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Maple Leaf Angus » Sun Jun 26, 2005 3:18 pm

I've used it on stuff in the past. But what I'm more in need of these days is something to keep my brain from seizing up when I'm trying to remember a name or detail . . .

Mike
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Mike » Sun Jun 26, 2005 4:57 pm

Maple Leaf Angus wrote:I've used it on stuff in the past. But what I'm more in need of these days is something to keep my brain from seizing up when I'm trying to remember a name or detail . . .

Your mineral doesn't have enough copper or selenium. :wink:
I'd rather have a bottle in front of me than a frontal lobotomy.

Return to “Ranch Talk”