Ranchers.net Bull Session

Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

A friendly place to talk about the weather, tell jokes and post cowboy poetry.
Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby Faster horses » Fri Jun 01, 2018 8:43 pm

Thinking about getting one for Mr. FH. Mostly for fun...does anyone here have one and/or what can you tell me to watch for? Also the best place to buy one.
I can't imagine eating food after flies or bugs been shot....but camping in the mountains, it might be fun to have one. With Father's Day and his birthday (Fourth of July) I've been trying to think of what to get him. (besides socks) :lol:

I don't think he even knows these things exist. :D So he would be pretty surprised.

Thanks in advance.
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

RSL
Rancher
Rancher

Re: Wondering about a Bug Assault Gun

Postby RSL » Tue Jun 05, 2018 8:37 am

https://www.bugasalt.com/

Or Amazon.
Our son's friends have a couple (apparently they sting).

If you are getting socks, I highly recommend Darn Tuff socks. They are guaranteed for life. If they wear out you send them back and they replace them for free! I have never had a pedicure, but in my mind, when I put them on it is like putting on a foot rub, combined with a pedicure... They are expensive, so I buy mine from Santa Claus and the Father's Day Angels...
You can't teach a stick to fetch a dog...
www.roundrockranching.com

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Tue Jun 05, 2018 1:11 pm

Thank you so much. I'll get that one. As long as I don't get shot, I don't care if they sting.

I'll look into the socks too. He found some Cabelus socks he likes. They have to be not too long, not too short, not too thick... :lol: :lol: :lol:
There are two ways to be fooled. One is to believe what isn't true; the other is to refuse to believe what is true.

lavacarancher

Postby lavacarancher » Fri Jun 15, 2018 7:29 am

Yea, I've got one of those toys. Bug-A-Salt is the maker of mine. I shoot sea salt in mine. Had it for a year or so.

TexasBred
Rancher
Rancher

Postby TexasBred » Mon Jun 18, 2018 9:48 am

Faster horses wrote:Thinking about getting one for Mr. FH. Mostly for fun...does anyone here have one and/or what can you tell me to watch for? Also the best place to buy one.
I can't imagine eating food after flies or bugs been shot....but camping in the mountains, it might be fun to have one. With Father's Day and his birthday (Fourth of July) I've been trying to think of what to get him. (besides socks) :lol:

I don't think he even knows these things exist. :D So he would be pretty surprised.

Thanks in advance.

FH my brother in law has one. Load it up and he has a ball with it. And they do work.
Nothing but a beggar trying to show other beggars where I found bread.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Mon Jun 18, 2018 11:51 am

Thanks. His birthday is July 4th---so that will be his gift. Wonder about the lasar sight? Anyone have comments on that?

TexasBred
Rancher
Rancher

Postby TexasBred » Wed Jun 20, 2018 8:37 am

Faster horses wrote:Thanks. His birthday is July 4th---so that will be his gift. Wonder about the lasar sight? Anyone have comments on that?

Not necessary. It spreads sort of like a shotgun blast.
Nothing but a beggar trying to show other beggars where I found bread.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Wed Jun 20, 2018 5:52 pm

TexasBred wrote:
Faster horses wrote:Thanks. His birthday is July 4th---so that will be his gift. Wonder about the lasar sight? Anyone have comments on that?

Not necessary. It spreads sort of like a shotgun blast.

Oh good. I picked one up for him at the Sports store here in town. Hid it well til his birthday, July 4th!!
I don't think he even knows these exist. What fun to get an old geezer who has everything....a surprise!! :D
Thank you all for your help!

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Wed Jun 20, 2018 7:13 pm

You will have to make up an Official looking "Fly hunting license" so he doesn't get in trouble with the Game Warden

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Thu Jun 21, 2018 1:24 pm

Big Muddy rancher wrote:You will have to make up an Official looking "Fly hunting license" so he doesn't get in trouble with the Game Warden

Good point! I'll do that! :D

Big Muddy rancher
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Big Muddy rancher » Thu Jul 05, 2018 12:26 pm

How did the A-Salt rifle go over?

I can't tame wild women.

But I can make tame women wild.

Faster horses
Rancher
Rancher

Postby Faster horses » Thu Jul 05, 2018 1:27 pm

I was going to report back--it was a HIT!! in more ways than one!! :D

Our 23 (almost 24) year old grandson was here and he was deadly with it! Grandpa was good with it too! Everyone had a LOT of fun with it! Even killed a couple of millers....I hate millers. Grandson warned us not to try killing wasps with it, because it will just tick them off!!!!!!!!!! :lol:

Mr. FH didn't even know they existed!! So it was a great surprise.

Would I recommend it? YES!!! Great fun!

Thanks for all your help here on ranchers. I told everyone how I came to purchase it. And TexasBred, you were right,
laser sight was not necessary. It spread salt as you said, like a shotgun. One guy who was here for Mr. FH birthday, is bald
and he had to move because they were shooting over him and the salt kept falling on his head. (or so he said.) :lol: :lol: :lol:

Return to “Coffee Shop”